Call for Papers
Abstracts Wanted for UL and IWCS China 2018
If your work is of interest to the worldwide cable and connectivity industry, then it should be presented at this Conference.
Benefits of Presenting
Accepted papers will be widely disseminated with broad exposure opportunities for the topic, author, and company to thousands of stakeholders internationally.
In addition to the presentation at the symposium, accepted papers will be published in the symposium proceedings book and in the IWCS online archive. Several will be republished by IWCS in industry trade journals and papers may be republished by the author when authorized with IWCS permission.
The author will also have the opportunity to participate in the IWCS Webinar Series, a free live presentation of papers with a global audience, which is recorded and archived on the IWCS website for downloading on demand.
Who Should Present?
Abstracts for papers are sought from academic or industry professionals including subject matter experts, application solutions providers and product innovators in the various cable and connectivity industry segments worldwide.
Refer to the Call for papers brochure for a list of suggested topics.
|Abstract Deadline Extended:||January 19, 2018|
|Acceptance Notification:||January 26, 2018|
|Final Paper Due:||March 2, 2018|
|Final Presentation Due:||March 9, 2018|
IMPORTANT: Online abstract submittals MUST BE IN ENGLISH, even if you plan to verbally present your paper in Chinese.
Abstracts can be submitted from industry or academic professionals, from any geographic location, who are engaged in the wire and cable, connectivity or related industries.
Acceptance of Abstracts
Acceptance of abstracts will be based on originality, content, applicability, market interest, and clarity.
Please refer to the IMPORTANT DATES in the box above. Also, please read all of the “Abstract Submittal” instructions below, BEFORE submitting your abstract and revisions. Once you are familiar with the instructions, please click on the “Abstract Submittal” button to start the submittal process.
Please refresh yourself with our submittal instructions below and the IMPORTANT DATES in the box above. The online process to submit and revise your abstract is essentially the same as the IWCS submittal process. The Abstract Submittal link can be found below the instructions.
How to Submit an Abstract
Abstract Submission Deadline
Abstract Deadline Extended to January 19, 2018.
All Abstracts must be submitted by email as an MS Word® or PDF document requiring the following: Title, author(s) and description (300-500 words).
The abstract description should contain one or two illustrations and should include:
- Primary conclusion or result;
- Background - why work was undertaken; and
- Pertinent details of the work which indicate the significant findings.
Click here for What your IWCS Abstract Should Include.
List your name as an author and be sure to add each co-author. There can only be one speaker per paper, so identify the intended speaker.
This year, we will use an online abstract submittal process. Follow these steps below.
- To submit an abstract, click on the “Abstract Submittal” button below. You will be redirected to the Catalyst webpage where you will create an account. Make sure you remember your username and password, in case you have to go back to amend your abstract or to add another abstract. Also be sure to bookmark the Catalyst Online Submittal URL for future uploading of your paper and presentations.
- Once you sign in, you will be redirected to another page to start the process. Please read each page carefully and follow all directions, especially if this is your first time.
- When you upload your abstract (MS Word® or PDF document) as instructed, be sure to remember to click the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the form. (NOTE: Please make sure to embed ALL FONTS within the document before uploading a PDF.)
- Once the document is uploaded, click on the “Next” button.
- On the Author’s page, fill in your name as primary contact and then again as author. Make sure you add each co-author. There can be only one speaker per paper, so check the box for the intended speaker.
Your input will be reviewed immediately for any missing items and you will receive a prompt confirmation along with an assigned “abstract number” that you should use in your subject line for all correspondence to IWCS.
IMPORTANT: To avoid duplication of Abstracts, please submit each Abstract only once. You can easily go back online to revise an existing Abstract if necessary. If you need assistance to update your Abstract, have problems submitting, or you are not sure if your Abstract was submitted, please contact the IWCS Office by calling Pat Hudak +1-717-993-9500 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have problems with the online submittal process, you can request assistance by submitting your abstract and contact information, as follows:
In English, by email to Patricia Hudak, email@example.com. Questions: +1-717-993-9500
For the email subject line, use: “IWCS China Abstract: Your Company Name”.